The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC) is both one of the oldest active as well as the largest bank in Hong Kong. HSBC also helped found the HSBC Group and, since 1990, it has been a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings Plc. located in London.
The bank maintains a 220 branch network within the HSBC brand in the Hong Kong SAR.
HSBC’s portfolio of personal, commercial, corporate & investment, private, and global banking solutions is diverse and robust. HSBC maintains offices and branches throughout the Asia Pacific region as well as around the world. Additionally, HSBC is one of only three commercial banks with the authority to issue Hong Kong banknotes.
HSBC Hong Kong’s many subsidiaries include the following:
- HSBC Private Equity Limited (Asia)
- HSBC Insurance Holdings Limited (Asia-Pacific)
- HSBC Global Asset Management Limited (Hong Kong)
- HSBC Bank Company Limited (China)
- Hang Seng Bank Limited
- HSBC Broking Services Limited (Asia)
- HSBC Securities Limited (Asia)