OCBC Bank is the oldest existing Singaporean bank, formed in 1932 from the merger of three local banks. It is now the second-largest financial services group in Southeast Asia in terms of assets, with the world’s highest Aa1 rating from Moody’s. Recognized for its financial strength and stability.
OCBC Bank is ranked among the 50 safest banks in the world and has been named the best bank in Singapore and Asia-Pacific.
OCBC Bank and its subsidiaries offer a wide range of commercial banking, specialized financial and asset management services ranging from consumer, corporate, investment, private and banking to insurance, asset management, and exchange services.
OCBC Bank’s private banking services are provided by its subsidiary Bank of Singapore, which is considered to have an impressive amount of financial assets and provide the most favorable conditions for conducting financial transactions.
OCBC Bank’s insurance subsidiary, Great Eastern Holdings, is the oldest and most reputable life insurance group in Singapore and Malaysia. Its asset management subsidiary Lion Global Investors is one of the largest private-sector asset management companies in Southeast Asia.
The Bank’s solutions for private banking are offered by its subsidiary Bank of Singapore, which provides the best products to meet the goals of its customers.
Products and Services
- Deposit-taking and personal lending
- Credit cards
- Corporate and enterprise banking
- Cash management
- International trade financing
- Investment banking
- Private banking
- Asset management.
OCBC Bank’s main markets are Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and China. It has over 610 branches and representative offices in 18 countries and regions, including Australia, the United Kingdom, Dubai, and the countries of East Asia. More than 340 branches and offices are represented in Indonesia by the OCBC NISP subsidiary bank, and in China, including Hong Kong and Macau, more than 100 branches and offices under the OCBC Wing Hang brand.
OCBC Bank Singapore: Frequently Asked Questions
- Individual Banking Phone: 6363 3333 or +65 6363 3333 from overseas
- Priority Banking Phone: 1800 Premier (1800 773 6437) or +65 6530 5930 from overseas
- Sign up for a Digital Banking account: online at https://www.ocbc.com or using a mobile application
- Enter the last 8 digits of your banking card number and & 6-digit PIN code
- Enter your personal information, solve the generated captcha, and tap/click on "NEXT"
- Accept the "Terms and Conditions" and then create new or reset your PIN or Access Code used for online banking
- Click or tap on the "SUBMIT" button to confirm your mobile number if using a mobile app or create your new PIN code if using online banking on a desktop or laptop
- You have successfully registered for the OCBC Digital Banking.
Everyday Banking Accounts
- 360 Account Allows to earn up to 2.68% p.a. and more interest when crediting your salary, saving, insuring, and investing
- FRANK Account A bank account without an initial deposit or minimum balance required specially designed for youths between 16 to 26.
- Bonus+ Savings Account This account allows earning up to 0.5% p.a. interest when saving funds.
- Monthly Savings Account Designed for those who would like to save monthly and earn with higher interest rates.
Foreign Currency Accounts
- USD Current Account A bank account in USD with a chequing option. Global Savings Account This type of account allows savings in eight currencies, such as AUD, CAD, CNH, EUR, GBP, HKD, NZD, and USD.
Accounts for Children
- Child Development Account (CDA) This is a savings account for parents with a newborn, where the government of Singapore will match the savings amount, up to a certain limit.
- Mighty Savers® Account This is savings account for a child with the ability to save and earn up to 0.20% p.a. interest.
Other Types of Accounts
- Time Deposit Allows securing higher returns with fixed ownership of up to 36 months for SGD and ten other currencies.
- Passbook Savings Account A type of savings account with a passbook
- Statement Savings Account A type of savings accounts with monthly statements.
- Current Account A type of banking account with a chequebook.
There are general requirements, such as:
- Minimum age is 16 years old
- ID Card (NRIC) for Singaporeans and Singapore PRs or Passport and a valid Employment Pass (EP) or S-Pass or Student Pass for foreign citizens
- Additional document as proof of your residential address, such as Phone bill, Half-yearly CPF statement, or any bank statement
- Initial deposit (depending on account type).