DBS Singapore is a global banking company founded in 1968. The bank serves over 4.6 million retail customers via the largest network of more than 2,300 branches, ATMs, and self-service outlets.
DBS Bank is the largest bank in Southeast Asia in terms of assets and is one of the largest banks in Asia with total assets of $ 518 billion.
It dominates the consumer banking, treasury and markets, asset management, securities brokerage, loans, and capital management services in Singapore and Hong Kong.
The bank’s regional network includes over 250 branches and over 1000 ATMs in 50 cities. At the same time, for several years, Global Finance magazine has awarded DBS the title of the most reliable Asian bank. The name of the bank DBS stands for “The Development Bank of Singapore”. It was in this capacity that it was founded by the Singapore government in 1968 to support the development of the country’s economy.
The main geographic regions of the bank’s operations are Singapore and Hong Kong, followed by China, Taiwan, India, and Indonesia.
DBS Bank provides a full range of banking services, both for private clients and for large corporations, as well as for small and medium-sized enterprises. The bank takes great care of the security of internet banking. In 2006, a special device for generating passwords was introduced, which was further improved in 2012.
The bank’s strong financial position due to its high capitalization, as well as ‘AA-‘ and ‘Aa1’ credit ratings, the highest among Asian banks, ensured this bank the title of “Safest Bank in Asia”, which the bank received from 2009 to 2016.
The bank’s technological and infrastructure platform is the best in the Asian region. Customer service is also maintained at the highest level.
To open an account with this bank, a meeting of the owner of the company with representatives of the bank in Singapore is required. Considering the colossal volumes of capital that are migrating to Asian banks today, the procedure for opening an account can take from 3 weeks to 2 months.
As a rule, the bank requires the provision of additional documents that are not included in the standard set, depending on the declared type of activity of the company.
DBS Bank Singapore: Frequently Asked Questions
- Loss of ATM Cards: 1800 339 6963 or (65) 6339 6963 from overseas
- DBS Phone Banking: 1800 111 1111 or (65) 6327 2265 from overseas
- POSB Phone Banking: 1800 339 6666 or (65) 6339 6666 from overseas
- DBS Wealth Management Banking: 1800 221 1111 or (65) 6221 1111 from overseas
- Loans Department: 6333 0033 or (65) 6333 0033 from overseas
Business and SME Banking
- DBS Phone Banking: 1800 222 2200 or (65) 6222 2200 from overseas
- General Enquiries 1800 222 2200 or (65) 6222 2200 from overseas
- Online at www.dbs.com.sg/bankonline
- Using digibank mobile application
- In one of DBS or POSB Bank Branches
- Contacting to DBS Customer Centre at 1800 111 1111
- First, you need to launch the digibank mobile app and click on "MORE".
- Then, in the "APPLY" section, click "NEW to Digibank".
- After that, select your "Personality Type", "Identity Number" and enter "Date of Birth", then click "NEXT".
- Complete the authentication process by entering your card and PIN or using SingPass face verification.
- DBS My Account (Personal and Joint-alternate accounts) This type of account is the simplest way to start with DBS Bank
- DBS Multiplier Account (Personal account) Features: - up to 3.8% annually on your savings - No minimum salary - No minimum credit card spend - Save and transact in SGD and foreign currencies in one account.
- DBS eMySavings Account (Personal and Joint-alternate accounts) This is special savings account with an option to save money every month easily.
- POSB SAYE Account (Personal account) This type of account allows getting an extra 2% interest annually when crediting salary.
- POSB Payroll Account (Personal account) This type of account is designed especially for ex-pats with Work Permit in Singapore to receive salary payments
- Through online application Choose a type of account at https://www.dbs.com.sg and click "APPLY NOW" to apply for a personal or joint-alternate account variation.
- Apply for digibank Online - Go to https://internet-banking.dbs.com.sg/ibAPL/Welcome - Then open your digibank savings account in just a few minutes - Then Download the digibank application - Fill in your personal details and complete KYC - Activate the digibank savings account through the app.
- Branch application Locate a Branch by using DBS Bank Locator and make an appointment.