WestLB was an international regional bank headquartered in Dusseldorf, Germany which was allowed to operate as a credit institution with all banking transactions.
The bank provided services to medium-sized and large companies and institutional investors also acted as the central bank of the savings banks in North Rhine-Westphalia.
On 30 June 2012, WestLB was split into three parts, and the Portigon AG became a successor of WestLB.
It operates as a deposit-taking institution a full banking license and provides services for financial institutions, in particular portfolio management and credit analysis, treasury, finance and controlling, risk control, credit administration, IT services as well as various corporate center functions.
- 30.862% NRW.Bank, the fully owned by the State of North Rhine-Westphalia since 2011,
- 25.032% of the Savings Banks and Giro Association (RSGV)
- 25.032% of the Savings Banks Association of Westphalia-Lippe (SVWL)
- 17.766% of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Total assets (€ billion): 242.3
- Number of Employees: 5,214