HSH Nordbank AG (Hamburgisch-Schleswig-Holstein) is a regional bank in northern Germany with the two headquarters in Hamburg and Kiel and has worldwide branches and representative offices.
The bank was created on 2 June 2003 from the merger of the Hamburg Landesbank and Landesbank Schleswig-Holstein (LB Kiel).
In its core region of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein, it is a leading bank for corporate customers. As international specialist finance, the focus is on transportation and real estate. In the transport sector, the Bank covers the entire value chain and is a significant provider of ship finance.
HSH Nordbank ownership structure
Attributable to shareholders:
- 10.80% Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, partly HGV
- 9.58% State of Schleswig-Holstein
- 65.00% HSH Financial AöR, a joint institution of the federal states of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein
- 9.31% nine trusts that of J. C. Flowers & Co. LLC will advise (USA)
- 5.31% Savings Banks and Giro Association for Schleswig-Holstein (SGVSH)
HSH Nordbank Investments
The investment portfolio of HSH Nordbank is made (as of 30 August 2010) of two sub-portfolios together:
Business Unit Supporting investments:
- HSH Nordbank Securities S. A. in Luxembourg
- HSH Nordbank Private Banking S. A. (sold as of 30 September 2011) in Luxembourg
- HSH Corporate Finance Group in Hamburg
- HSH Real Estate AG Group in Hamburg
- HSH Finance & Science GmbH in Kiel
- Swift Capital Partners GmbH in Hamburg
- HSH Facility Management Holding AG in Kiel
- In addition to this stated on the website of the bank investment portfolio (end of 2010) has further holdings with partly significant result influences.
Private equity investments:
- CAPCELLENCE Private Equity GmbH & Co. KG, Hamburg
- HSH Private Equity GmbH, Hamburg
- Gardeur Beteiligungs GmbH, Mönchengladbach
- Brinkhof Holding GmbH Germany, Erfurt
- HSH N Funding I, George Town, Cayman Islands
- HSH N Funding II, George Town, Cayman Islands
- EALING INVESTMENTS LIMITED, London, United Kingdom
- Neptune Ship Finance (Luxembourg) S.A.R.L. & CIE, SECS.
- PREGU GmbH, Hamburg
- Net income (2012): Decrease € 124 million
- Total assets (2012): Decrease € 130.6 billion
- Total equity (2012): 12.3%
- Employees (2012): 3,123